Wednesday 27 February 2013

Steve Mayhem presents... FIGHTING FEMMES, FIENDS, AND FANATICS - introduction



One of my favourite world-weird blogs is Todd Statman's fantastic DIE, DANGER, DIE, DIE, KILL! blog and in 2010 Todd teamed up with my friend Steve Mayhem to produce an equally fantastic video documentary series on fabulous world-weird films. The series is called FIGHTING FEMMES, FIENDS, AND FANATICS.

The first video documentary came out in late 2010 and 11 episodes later it was all over. Why Steve Mayhem decided to end the series I don't know. Rumour has it he wandered into the jungle somewhere and last I heard he was seen trying to create a race of atomic supermen. But, man, those 11 episodes that we DID get are all totally rad and wonderful and highly recommended. You should watch them!

I'm including the trailer for the series in this post; It only runs for about a minute or so. Do check it out! All episodes cover fun world-weird films but since DIE, DANGER, DIE, DIE, KILL! covers world-weird films from a wider range of countries than I do on BACKYARD ASIA I'll just post the Asian episodes here (at least to begin with). The first one is on LUNATIC FROG WOMEN!!! The episodes run for about 10 minutes each. Oh, and one more thing, Steve has one of the nicest, deepest voices in YouTube home video, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment